Friday 23 September 2011

Week 9 - Good Measure refinement

 Fellow Industrial Design students.


As far as the refinement of my sound measuring device goes I have further developed the form and smaller details of the design in the workshop. I have given the edge of the form a radius to eliminate sharp edges, become more aesthetically pleasing and also to make the injection moulding process easier (as my products shell would be made using injection moulding if it went into production).
I have also given the buttons a rounded edge so the are more satisfying for the user to press and use. This also makes the buttons looks more like buttons and less like pieces of wood.

I have also designed a logo for my device so that I could vacuum form a section of my model. The mechanism for my device has also been refined using magnets to allow the lower section to be detached for the transferral of data to a computer.

Enjoy the break!


Matt Harding

No comments:

Post a Comment