Friday 23 September 2011

Vital Signs Wristband Refinement

This week my refinement has so far been quite limited. I still have a lot of model making to do, so I anticipate I will work a lot more on the form in the next week. My wrist band is mostly figured out in terms of measurements and proportions, and also surface details, but i expect these will vary somewhat as my time working in three dimensions influences my design. I used a bit of hep from Measure of Man and Woman with the dimensions of the wristband, its a good resource.

I still have to work on the form of my base station. Its not very unified and lacks a certain flow, and I haven't decided on it's exact measurements. Hopefully I will be able to work this out bofer the end of the week.

During the refinement process I have used resources to help me change the form and materials I intend to use. For example, I found I had to add a new part to the wristband to allow the functions to be fulfilled, and change the form to make it comfortable. I have also added a few material changes, like a coloured rubber section, to change the style of the form a bit and make it less sanitary and medical, and more personal.

Scott Everitt

No comments:

Post a Comment