Saturday 17 September 2011

Pool Water Analyser

The device i have designed for this brief is a pool water analyser. It floats in a pool, takes a small sample of the water and communicates to the user from the water. This device analyses the water's pH, temperature and volume of water.

From my original designs, it has changed quite a bit. Mainly in the form. Transforming from a sphere to a teardrop shape. Due to the fact a swimming pool is generally large, I had to take into account how big my device would be. I needed to size it up substantially so it wouldn't be dwarfed by the pool.

Although the measurements taken during the analysis are the same, the way the sample is taken is by a little "tongue" dropping down from the bottom of the device.

To turn the device on, a button is pushed and the hemisphere pops up revealing a band of colour before being dropped into the water.

I am yet to decide whether my device is going to be the teardrop shape or the grenade looking shape.

Chris K

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I really like your development in your form. i think the tear drop shape, because it seems more compact, where the grenade shape seems like it would be to big for the function you would use it for. But totally your choice.
    Tegan :)

    ReplyDelete