Saturday 17 September 2011

good measure

Hi fellow class mates.
ill give a quick explanation of what my product is otherwise it will just look like a vacuum cleaner to you...
essentially it is a vacuum but its not. My good measure device measures Bactria levels, it has the vacuum device up front, and a scanner underneath, for measuring the cleanliness of a surface or area. 

Ok i have shown what my original concept page design was, here i had already figured out the function of my device and the very basic shape of what is. Essentially, a hand held vacuum cleaner. Here i had also indicated that i wanted the output indicators on the side, and the hatch at the back. 

Next i have shown my foam mock up. here you can see that i have changed the overall shape to a curve that flows from the front to back, the handle is slimmed and has a hand grip. i have sanded back the front/top edges to show wear the indicators would be. My original foam model was actually a lot bigger, it was wide on the sides and the handle was massive. Originally i thought it was at a comfortable size, but once speaking to Robbie, I realised it was huge. Therefore i slimmed it back and made the handle thinner and more comfortable to hold. In this picture it doesn't really show, but i have indicated wear the back hatch would be as well as the on/off button. 

The 3rd picture is obviously the begging of my wood model. I have cut the blocks and have started to shape them. Hoping it under takes the form of the foam model.  

Tegan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment