Tuesday 13 September 2011

It's All In the Details

Due to the nature of my design I was required to display the details of the radio using paper facades rather than foam itself so from the attached images my work in progress may be a little bit difficult to understand fully.

From the initial concept I developed a button and screen interface rather than the original touch screen used to navigate in order to make the user-radio relationship more enjoyable.
The form did not deviate too drastically, however I did introduce bevelled edges. The largest change was perhaps the use of punctured metal sheeting to cover the speakers rather than the fabric I had originally envisioned. I feel this would give the radio a cleaner look and accentuate the form rather than hinder it.

Ashlee Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment