Saturday 24 September 2011

Refinement

After stepping back and looking at my design with consideration of its purpose I decided that it will be most suited to hikers and the like, which will make it an outdoor product that will be exposed to weather and being beaten around. therefore I  plan to refine the materials to be suited to these conditions and will refine the final details on the products form to fit the tough aesthetics of outdoor equipment. I have had a look at other hiking gear such as boots and backpacks to compare the details and design features that make it resistant to wear-and-tear. rubber ribs are a good way to protect the device as it absorbs the impact if the product is ever hit or dropped, which is why i have experimented with putting it into my design. the sketch quickly illustrates the previous design compared to the concept in question.

1 comment: