Saturday 10 September 2011

Television

While I don't really get much use out of the television, It has to be one of the greatest products out there on the market. With every day the variety of models and features are constantly being improved on constantly changing the way we interact with the product. The idea that you can watch images that are taking place somewhere hundreds of kilometres away in the comfort of your living room, I'm sure still continues to amaze many people. And with advancements in modern technology we can watch all this in high definition. 
The television has also become a hub of entertainment of sorts. We need it in order to plug our DVD players, Computers and gaming consoles into it. These products all increase the amount of use we can get out of the one product and further fulfilling its purpose of entertaining/informing the viewer.  
I really think the television is one of those things that people now cannot live without. It has made such a large imprint on our culture and with many of our households having at least one set, it has definitely become a consumer product that is here to stay.     
Stefan

2 comments:

  1. I think I have to disagree with you Stefan. I think you can happily live without a television (not that I do, but I guess I'd like to). The amount of hours wasted in front of the television by kids around the world surely has a negative impact on the developed world's obesity problems. Also I find that television, potentially like bad design, can be a fruitless and morally destructive industry, where money is made but nothing positive comes out of it. I must note that there is some amazing television and journalism out there, but with internet news these days I'd have to say the old television seems a little superfluous.

    Nicholas Avery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a self confessed TV addict and was (unhealthily) heavily dependant on it. But nowadays because of uni and work, I found myself living life without it. The internet age has really changed the world. So much that Nick you may be right, it might have made the television seem almost superfluous. Eyes are no longer glued to televisions screens but are now glued to computer and phone screens instead. But like radios, there will always be a place for televisions.

    -Phi Do

    ReplyDelete