Sunday 18 September 2011

Progress of my design

My device is used for measureing breath smell. It is a great useful device since a third of population on earth are suffered from bad breath. There are many tools that helps to improve your breath smell, however there aren't any devices that tell you directly your breath level. I think there is a huge market for such product.
I havent post my hard models yet, because they were not ready to show, but i have constantly thought about my design in which the form can be even more attractive. As you can see, there is a huge change from my original design. The second design is strongly emphasis on the handle part of the way you hold it. It works but not looking as elegant as the first one, i realised this and try to stick with the form of first design as close as possible. thus my next two design is much more related to the original design. My later deisgns are also carried some of the strength from the pervious designs, 
I concentrated on designing something is efficient and easy to use, at the same time it has to be looking good. it then leads to me to design thing like the fourth design. it works like a flip phone, but it is a bit different.  It has a really elegant looking when you flip it back, unfortunately i didn't drawing a good view of that. i believe this design has many drawbacks but this is good direction for my device. what do you think? please give me some feedback.

Sorry for posting so late.. won't happen next time..promise.. YIFU

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yifu,
    I like the original design to be honest, they developments don't seem to have the elegance of the original shape. I do like no. 4 but I"m not entirely sure that the flip motion is really necessary and it does impinge on the original aesthetic. On the first design however, was it originally a little more elongated? It might just be this drawing to my eye it looks a little too broad.

    great sketches tho, looking good!

    Ed Hamer

    ReplyDelete