Saturday 17 September 2011

Good Measure

G'day All

Firstly, to explain my product; it is a device that measures the weight/strain of a backpack whilst being worn so as to inform the user of the potential danger of injury. it does so by replacing the buckle, and so bridging the gap between the upper and lower strap with a movable pin that is held back by spring tension. I discovered during my refinement a major flaw in my design, that I hadn't resovled how the user views interface. Where the screen was located orginally (on the sketch)would have forced the user to look across the screen rather than be able to look directly at it, so I moved the interface to the end of the device (where it is located on the soft model), facing directly up at the user, above where the bag strap would fit in. To encorperate this cange in design I had to alter the shape of the device so that it could accomodate the shape of the screen. As well as this, workshop requires I include a button which i believe will sit along side the screen where, again, the user can best see it.

-Alex Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment