Saturday 24 September 2011

Music Analyser Refinement

For those who have forgotten, my device measures how accurate a violinist is playing their piece of music. I have reached the final stages of refinement and as with everyone, I am very please with the current form and sizing of my measuring device.  There has also been a lot of progress in the refinement of the interface. The slightly angled screen allows the player to see the outputted display while they are playing. The output will be a percentage of accuracy and the digits will be coloured scaled accordingly. The device will also provide the user with a breakdown in specific areas i.e., timing and intonation. During refinement, I've also taken into account the device's technical package as well as where the cameras and microphones will be placed on my device. Though technology behind my device will need be further investigated during this week's write up.


I have briefly played around with colour schemes. I'm heading towards a copper and black combination as this will balance with the colours of a violin nicely. Investigation into the type of materials being used is needed and will be dependant on availability. I purchased my timber today and will be commencing the construction of my model this week (finally). Obviously, I will probably make some minor changes when I begin to deal with three dimensional forms. Wish me luck.


-Phi Do


No comments:

Post a Comment