Sunday 18 September 2011

Hydration level

Here is a few photos of my work for Good Measure. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of my soft model, because I gave it to Robbie for marking last studio, but I shall put up a picture of it once I get my model back.

My device measures hydration level of pretty much anything. It can measure your skin, a fruit, a moisturizer, etc. Simply by attaching the patch to the surface of an object, it will take a few seconds to analyze. Then the meter on the left, which looks like a water drop, will light up according to how hydrated the object is. The water drop meter is divided into 5 intervals, each interval represents 20 percent. 

Since the last pin up, this design has been changed quite a bit in terms of size, form and interface. The size of my design has become smaller. It is now about the size of a pinecone, which makes it convenient for users to bring along with them when they go out. I have introduced negative spaces all around the device. These gaps on the device have made it easier to grab and hold. And the patch that is the key to measuring the hydration level is changed to retractable, instead of just hanging off the device. This has brought in mechanism into the design and also made it a neat and compact design.

There's still a lot of refinement and decision to make regarding the design and how it works. 



-- Hannie Choi

No comments:

Post a Comment