Saturday 24 September 2011

'The Bogger' Refinement


My design hasn't really changed all that much during the refinement stage. Most of the changes have  happened during workshop when the drawings turn into three dimensional forms. My original refinement sketch shows very smooth, rounded sides whereas this made the physical size of the model way too large and awkward to carry. Instead, I've sanded a certain pattern into the side plates in an attempt to make it look more like a power tool and to reduce the overall width of the top section. The handle has reduced in size as well because it was slightly too wide for my hand to grip it properly. I still haven't finished it yet; I'm hoping it feels similar in size to a power drill handle.
 
The internal mechanisms haven't changed at all, but the tube slot that allows replacement tubes to be fitted has needed extra thought on how it actualy works. I was going to have a small pull back spring loaded switch, instead I'm going to have a small spring loaded ball bearing that locks the plates in place and is easily pushed in for tube removal. It all sounds very confusing but it makes sense in my head at least, haha. Hopefully the picture shows what I'm talking about.
 
Matt Van
 

No comments:

Post a Comment