Saturday 24 September 2011

'Perido' Refined

Perido has been refined. Yes, that's right, this week I decided to get to the bottom of the bangle situation and sort out where the hinge is going to go. The mechanism I've decided on is different from the original idea of a two pin system or a traditional bangle. Now I've got a new pin hinge which is on the exterior side of the wrist instead of the two pin system similar to a watch.


Also, for the docking system, I've played around with the idea of the shape, which in terms of useability shouldn't be too much different, but it may look a bit more feminine with an asymmetrical form. I've studied the form of strawberries and flowers which should help to make it a bit more attractive to the average user/consumer. I thought about this after thinking about making the bangle itself asymmetrical.


Lastly, I thought about the possibility of having multiple users for example in one sharehouse or living environment. For this reason, I've decided to include a button for switching between users on the dock. This should be colour coded or a include a mini screen which will give some stats about this. By taking in all these changes I hope that I have been able to keep to a simplistic and easy to use design. I hope they turn out alright, but naturally I'm still refining more and more as I go!


Motomundo.

No comments:

Post a Comment