Saturday 24 September 2011

Refinement

For this week's refinement, there hasn't been any major changes. I have made the centre part of my device slightly slimmer, so that the disks on the outside can wrap around the centre more without changing the overall size. I have also shorten the distance between the edge of the outer disks and the centre from 15mm to 10mm, which makes the whole device even rounder and more compact. After exploring different ways to form a grip for the sensor, I have decided to use silicon or rubber grip (like those grips you find on a pen or mechanical pencil), because this is one solution that doesn't affect the smooth roundness of the design. 

As a requirement of workshop, I had to add a button and a base to my design. I have made it just an on/off button, so it's easy and simple for users to use when they are out and on the go.
The base is rechargeable through induction charging and it is also made using the method of vacuum forming. 

I have recently been focusing mainly on the workshop aspects of my design and thus there are still a lot of work in progress..


- Hannie Choi


No comments:

Post a Comment