Saturday 27 August 2011

My soft model

I have not finished my soft model yet and I haven't put some details on my radio. But in my mind, I have already decided what to change.  What I am going to change is to make the radio as simple as possible, and to give clear sense to customers.

There were several dials to change stations, volume and to select and to cancel. But I have decided to get rid of them. Instead of dials, I will let the speakers and the screens play a role in dials. For example, if you turn the cylindrical screen to the right or the left, you can change the stations, and when turn the cylindrical speakers to the left or right, you can simply change the volume. Therefore they function very clearly. I reckon this functional simplicity will let users easily understand how to use this radio.

Another change is that I am going to put the button on the top of each leg except batter leg. This button on the normal station leg will be the button to choose favorite stations. And the button on the favorite leg will be used when you cancel the station from your favorite.

 

Soon Myoung Suh (Richard)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Richard! This is looking great! I saw you working on it in workshop and couldn't even imagine how you would go about constructing your design. From your image looks like you have done a top job of it and great to see it put together! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete