Tuesday 16 August 2011

Seeing the cup half empty

Or is it full? With this digital display, it takes that mystery away! ;)

Ever had trouble reading those inaccurate (sometimes) analog displays on scales? Couldn't quite figure out whether its 200ml or 250ml? Say good bye to trouble because all you need is the "SmartMeasure" Cup!
This nifty cup was designed by Ryan Eder and Chris Daniels to be every chefs best mate. The measuring cup displays precise volume on a backlit LCD complete with unit conversion, eliminating guesswork and eyestrain.

You can set the type of measurement you desire like say water, flour, etc, or even just by units. "The first digital measuring cup and scale combination. The unit measures in weight and volume as the recipe dictates.The 3890 digitally weighs dry ingredients as well as liquid ingredients. Preprogrammed to convert weight to volume for water,milk,oil,sugar,and flour. The weight capacity is 4.4 Pounds (2kg). The volume capacity is 1 liter. The unit weighs in increments of mililiters,cups,fluid ounces,grams,and pounds. The plastic measuring cup runs on one long life Lithium battery(included). The easy to read LCD readout is in the molded handle."

Even though the design is simple it still looks sweet and modern. If I didn't spend so much time doing uni homework *cough* I'd love to use this for baking food :)

Mey Chiam

2 comments:

  1. My home economics teacher in year 9 told me to not to VET hospitality because I burnt the coconut 3 times...this sure would reduce mistakes happening in my kitchen!

    I only wonder with this - like other scales if you have to have it sitting flat and zeroed before you measure or even pick it up. or if you can pick it up and it will still measure accurately.

    Mey what a terrible cold you must have there...I think I have the same one! The Doctor Robbie I hear says it clears up late November...thinking a designmedical certificate would help :P

    mote

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that this piece has fused two classics, the kitchen scale and the measuring cup. However it seems a bit superfluous and even contradictory placing the regular scale on the side as well as the digital screen (however necessary when the batteries run out). Aside from being a fairly nifty idea I feel products like this take the Italian mother from the kitchen and replace her with an efficient German. I don't think the kitchen should be this precise, just because we can digitise things, doesn't mean we have to.

    Nicholas Avery

    ReplyDelete