Saturday 27 August 2011

Getting there...

Hi guys,
 
As you can see, I haven't quite finished. Foam and I haven't been getting along very well. What you see is my second attempt; the disc sander decided to play hard ball and melt my first one. The blue foam on the outside is supposed to represent a different material. Anyway, I'm happy with the way it's going.
 
I haven't made any drastic design changes whilst using the foam. I'm going to use the clear acryllic as the two ends that hold the main radio body off the ground as if it is hovering. I did make two foam ends but they didn't hold together as well as I'd hoped. So, I know it's not using foam but I find if I did, I wouldn't be able to show the true shape and communicate my design in the way I would like.
 
Back to work :)
 
Matthew Van
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I see you got that perspex cut, it looks sweet dude, nice work. Be interested to see it all together on tues.

    ReplyDelete