Saturday 27 August 2011

iMote

I hate to disappoint you all but there will be no Justin Beiber blog posts, or fart machine ones either this week, it is all about business. So I thought I would write to you all in a formal letter.

Dear fellow designers of IDE1112,

I am writing to you in regards to the soft model that I have completed. I have to say that I am disappointed in this white foam that was supplied to us. I have heard around that this too was a difficulty for some of us too. Either Holly had bought back lots of snow from Mount Bulla or the amount of polystyrene foam attached to me was just a true indication of how hard I was working!

My design has taken a few twists and turns over the past few weeks. Some of my ideas began quite conceptual and I was quite certain about wanting to keep my radio out of the box shape. Exploring ideas of connection and motion in my designs was tricky to find a balance with DAB and Internet radio as they have a growing list of radio genres and radio broadcasters. However I felt that by having two radios that connect to each other that this would be a new product for the radio world. I tried to interpret symbols such as the ying and yang and other eye magic tricks, much like the two faces that create the vase.
From my observations of dials and buttons, and their uses on actual radios in store. I was able to also reflect this knowledge into my design.

Overall, the time period that we have had to complete this project and this being our first design project for IDE1112, I feel I have learnt more about radios and the process of design than I would have before. I feel confident enough to turn around in the pub and say to someone "Oh, you want to talk about radios...well!"

Kind Regards,

Foam Model Maker Mote (with a degree of stress)

No comments:

Post a Comment