Friday 19 August 2011

The Bluephase Meter

This device measures the intensity of 'LED curing lights'. Now, every site I go to in regards to figuring out what that a 'LED curing light' actually is, assumes that i already know and wish to buy one.. But I'm reasonably sure it is for the maintenance in performance for dental care/tooth whitening devices. No matter, I do know that the Bluephase meter is designed specifically for LED Light and that it measures the light intensity of the device as the spread of light with its 256 sensors. By detecting which of its sensors are are activated it measures the radius of the area of light and the amount of power the light source emits. The LED curing light is inserted into the device so that no other light interferes. The reason I found this device intriguing is because I can see this technology being adapted into household situations, for example optimising lighting for different situations such as home theatres and family meals.. actually I might use that..

Alex B

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, I think this will be really helpful for one of my concepts! I like the way the LED curing light interacts with the Bluephase meter because it measures directly from the radiating surface, whereas radiometers appear to measure a broader surface area.

    Cynthia Tang

    ReplyDelete