Saturday 22 October 2011

Hydr8 Colour Scheme

Although there are many brightly coloured drink bottles on the market today they are all made from opaque plastics and do not have the ability to change colour.  When deciding on the colour scheme for my design I had to be careful not to choose any colours that would clash with the light source which identifies the user's level of hydration.  As this can be green, blue or red there is no colour that would blend nicely with all of these. Since I didn't want a stark contrast between the bottle colour and the light I decided to select a tonal shade such as a cool grey. This will also allow it to be used in many different environments from the sports field to the office.


I am still deciding on the additional features such as the colour accents  and product logos. However, as the image shows, I am currently thinking of a pinstripe accent which includes the name of the product. I am also still deciding on the colour for the button and the reader however I think that a slightly darker gray with a bit more blue would work. I would appreciate anyone who knows a font that would work well with my design to comment.


James Meikle


No comments:

Post a Comment