Friday 21 October 2011

Colour Options

Hey everyone,
 
I've been playing around with different colour options for my measuring device, paying close attention to hand-held power tools.
 
My product is designed for industry; for someone who is using it on a regular basis. Most power drills are very bright and have contrasting colour combo's to make them stand out from objects around them, and I think this is an important factor to keep in mind. Instead of going for sleek silvery/grey shades that can sometimes blend into their surroundings, I've decided to take inspiration from the Ryobi power drill above that I bought dad for fathers day. One of the reasons why I bought it was because it was the first one to jump out at me when I walked into Bunnings, with it's strong lime green casing and charcoal grey rubbery grip.
 
The second image is a quick sketch of my device with this colour combo. I'm still playing around with different configurations but I really want to stick with the green. There are too many tools that have yellow/black colour schemes as well as orange/black combo's, so something a little different is always good. 
 
Cheers,
 
Matt Van

1 comment:

  1. When I first scrolled past your post I wasn't sure if I liked the colour but your explanation makes a lot of sense. I would stick with the green too maybe make it a bit of a cooler though. It also works as the bog is a warm colour and if you were to accidentally spill some on it, it would be easy to clean.

    James

    ReplyDelete