Friday 29 July 2011

my car

I absolutely love my car. The first time I saw the Mazda2 in the showroom I fell in love with it - it was the perfect small car, shiny and smooth black paint, that great new car smell, and even better - it had a raisable front seat so I could actually see out the windscreen (no joke, I wouldn't be able to drive it otherwise...).
 
Now don't get me wrong, I love my car, but I'm not a rev head and I know next to nothing about cars. It wasn't what was under the hood that made me love my car, it was what was inside. Sure, the freedom it represented was great too, but what was best, and what made me want to drive my car every day for the 3 years I've owned it now, is the comfort, how easy and zippy it is to drive, and the space inside. Anyone who's ever seen a Mazda2 would know that its a very small car, but somehow the inside feels as big as a 4WD. Add to that the comfy and supportive front seat, the smooth steering wheel and how easy it is the change the radio channel, and I'm happy.
 
Holly Squirrell

2 comments:

  1. Love my Honda CR-V Sport. Don't love the scratches and dints on it from parking at Malvern Central and mothers with prams and screaming kids.

    Squirrell was the adjustable seat a big thing for you? Don't they do adjustable peddles too? I know my left foot doesn't rest on the rester bit on my car as it is too far away.

    When in NZ I drove a little Hyundai Getz for a few days - I felt very cramped!

    Motey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    i love the look of the Mazda2, they look so sleek and stylish.
    Motey,
    I drive a Hyundai Getz, and have been for the past 11 months. i would say the Getz isnt cramped at all. i have plenty of room to drive comfortably, i even sometimes drive my family around, and my Dad thinks it is pretty spacious for a little car. i personally think its a perfect size car for me anyway, i love my Getz.
    Tegan :)

    ReplyDelete