Wednesday 27 July 2011

Favorite Designs

For someone whos general approach to computers is a hateful ignorance, it will be a welcome suprise if this post ends up were it should, but all i can do is hope i guess.
 
Anyway, favorite designs, the two attached came to mind, the Aston Martin V12 Vantage and the Cosmic Motors Detonator (designed by Daniel Simons).
I've always been a fan of astons in general, but think that since the db9 they have been particuarly beautiful cars.  The curves, sleek lines and mental luvres in the bonnet of the v12 vantage stand out to me particuarly as a design that suggests speed, but also has a properly rediculous amount of style.
 
The other design is the detonator from Daniel Simons, it's in his brilliant book "cosmic motors", which i recomend if your a car person.  I want one of these.  It looks solid but fast, suggests movment, and looks to me that if you got it a bit wrong while driving it, it would gladly kill you... A really mental machine.  Daniel Simons seems to consistently nail designs like this, and then top them of with beautiful girls.
 
Anyway, there's my little contribution, hope it works properly
 
Nathan

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with the second one. I bought cosmic motors when it had only just came out. I have followed Daniel Simon for a long time and love his work. Whenever im in need of inspiration, I turn to that book, even if im not trying to design a car.

    The way he takes key retro elements from classic car culture and transforms them into futuristic creations is awesome and I can really relate to it.

    Tom Grech

    ReplyDelete