Tuesday 19 July 2011

Kicking it off

Ok Folks, here is post one. The beginning.

Does the world need another design blog? No. There are already too many of these things out there, and far too many opinions on offer that really don't matter (in my opinion). Still, as a go-to resource to capture a feeling, a trend, there is a certain usefulness to the design blog community.

I'm not interested in what is cool, I'm interested in why people think it's cool. What justification, evidence, data are there to back this up?

The rationale behind this blog then, is to encourage the next generation of designers to be articulate, thoughtful contributors to this world in which there is just too much noise, and not enough real information. I don't want a thesis on here, but I do want to see some discussion.

Good luck everyone

Robbie
--
Dr Robbie Napper
Lecturer
Industrial Design
Monash University



No comments:

Post a Comment