Saturday 30 July 2011

Dr. Marten's

My favourite design at the moment is my Dr. Marten Classic, black patent leather ankle boots. I have owned these black beasts for just over an year and a half. Normally I am one to trash my shoes and they don't last very long, but my Docs are practical and the most comfortable shoes I own. They can survive extreme weather and underfoot conditions such as ice, snow, mud and rocks. You aren't about to roll your ankle in these bad boys.

 

Dr. Martens have been around for many years and have become quite trendy these days. Considering they were designed as a workman's boot, for men in the trade industry, they have really come quite a way. The company has embraced this and now sells them in numerous colours and styles. My Doc's have air cushioned thick rubber soles and laced traditionally with my added touch of rainbow laces.

 

Docs can be worn with almost anything from jeans to leggings, or even tights, and with dresses or skirts. I choose the classic design over other designs, because when I was little I always dreamed about getting a pair of Docs, and once I finally bought a pair I liked the simplicity and history behind the classic. When I was younger I had a pair of boots that were similar construction and aesthetics to the classic design, but where purple and red in colour.

The future for Doc's could possibly be ways in creating shoes that could come in all different widths to allow for a wider population's feet.

Kate

 

http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/EC1225928-5108271/Dr.+Martens/Black+Patent+Lamper/Men's+1460+8+Eye+Boot.aspx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment