Friday 29 July 2011

Eco Game Bamboo Puzzles

Procrastination: your best friend and worst enemy, all in one package. If I could sum up the amount of time spent playing with these things, I'm pretty sure I could have finished an assignment by now, but yes, these are VERY addictive. These EcoGame Bamboo Puzzles is basically a 3D puzzle. And like ordinary puzzles, you're given different pieces with specific edges that will only coincide with a matching piece. Although these cubes look stunning in its original packaging, the game already begins as soon as you open it; the pieces fall away from its natural construction and your objective is to return the cube back to its natural state. So you can imagine my shocked Oh-no-I-broke-it face when I thought this would be similar to the rubix cube but no, it's so much better in my opinion.

 

What's even more amazing is that it goes to the trouble of ticking the environmentally friendly option. The substance that this product is made from (bamboo) grows at an extremely fast rate; it is also easily harvested and can be re-grown in a short amount of time while simultaneously producing greater biomass than most substances. This means that the manufacturing process to make these cubes do very little to the environment so you can guarantee some they'll provide you with guilt-free fun.

 

I've always adored puzzles and what attracts me to this is the simple, minimalistic design which can be enjoyed by any age of any intellect. By this I mean it's straight forward, there's no technology barrier, (anyone who is smart enough to put a childs cardboard puzzle piece together can do this) and it looks elegant. The visual aesthetic goes beyond symmetry; there's something deeply harmonic and glorious once you place that last piece in position-as if a bright halo pierces inside the cracks of the cube while angels sing in the background.

 

On each box there is a difficulty rating from 1 star=Easy to 5 stars=Genius. I personally have only attempted ones that are rated 3-4 stars. I spotted them at a local post office sitting on a shelf and immediately bought them on impulse due to its beautiful geometric shape and the fact that it's a game! It's a wonderful time waster and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good brain teaser.

 

http://www.flyingpenguin.com.au/epages/flfl3375.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/flfl3375/Products/%22PUZ%20ECO%22/SubProducts/%22PUZ%20ECO-0005%22

 

 

Karen Ly

 

2 comments:

  1. I bought one of these for my friend not long ago. It's the one on the top right corner of the second picture. I liked its very symmetric design (when assembled) which makes that puzzle look easy to solve. But it's actually not the case. I think it's also original because of the different tones in color, which i believe is natural? Or have they been dyed?

    Dwayne Chung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice! I have one as well.

    ReplyDelete